Re: core's decision on modular kernels

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011, David Laight wrote:
What is the difference between MONOLITHIC and MODULAR with 'built-in' modules? And wouldn't the latter be a better aim??

We don't have "built-in" modules in the sense that I think you mean. (Built-in features can't be unloaded or replaced at run time.) If that changes, then obviously we should re-evaluate the policy about which kernels to ship and how they should be configured.

--apb (Alan Barrett)