Re: deadlock on flt_noram5

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 06:47:45AM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
 > bt shows this backtrace. I do not understand how I get there, and
 > my attempts to get the file path gave faults in ddb.

...very simple, something created a new file, it needed a vnode, so it
went to clear out an old one which happened to be a puffs vnode, and
then hung.

 > sleepq_block
 > cv_wait_sig
 > puffs_msg_wait
 > puffs_vfsop_sync
 > sync_fsync
 > VOP_FSYNC
 > sched_sync

To my best understanding of how the syncer currently works (which may
not be that good) this is playing with fire.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost