Re: zero-filed page on VOP_PUTPAGES

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 12:33:46PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 10:15:16AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> > Here are the findings. I run with yamt's patch, and without
> > PUFFS_KFLAG_WTCACHE. zeroed chunks will randomly appear, and it seems
> > this is not restricted to offset zero after all.
>
> And one last but important point: it seems to occur only on netbsd-5.
> I was not able to reproduce it on HEAD yet.

I backported this change, and the problem occurs much less often,
and now always at offset 0. Do we have two different bugs?
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2009/11/05/msg002710.html

pooka, does it makes sense to pullup that change? It removed suspend
support, and that intyerferes with FAF usage.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost