Re: autoclean mode for tmpfs

>> How hard would it be to add a mount option for tmpfs to
>> automatically drop files after a given timeout?

>> Anyone think this is worthwhile?

> Sounds like a job for the userland and cron(8).

Sort of.

Personally?  I'd say that scheduling it should be done by userland, but
that putting the actual removal in the filesystem makes sense.

I'm not sure whether I'd prefer to do it with a new and idiosyncratic
syscall, a vfs.something sysctl, some sort of filesystem-level analog
to ioctl, or what.

\ / Ribbon Campaign