Re: cxdtv

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 05:29:13PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> Now that cxdtv has landed in the tree, I thought I would revisit a
> computer containing a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 3000.

I hear Subsystem IDs aren't supposed to go in pcidevs, and adding a name
to the "(no dbx)" variant doesn't particularly help anything.

But, to the actual question:

for DVB-T:
The FMD1216 tuner is probably easy to support in 'tvpll'.
The CX22702 demod will need a small quantity of "new" code.

for DVB-S:
The CX24123 demod and ISL6421 LNB/tuner both require new code.

Additionally, we've not yet worked out how we'll support multiple demods
on the same card at once, and support for DVB-S might need a few bits of
touching in the dtv(4) layer, haven't looked.

        Jonathan Kollasch