Re: I2C device drivers in NetBSD

Peter,

I recently wrote an i2c driver for the arm platform and did something similar.
I used the presence of the I2C_F_POLL flag to perform a synchronous transfer
and used the absence of it (instead of adding a new flag) to indicate an
asynchronous transfer.

In the case of the async transfer, I setup a structure in the softc structure
to define the parameters of the transfer, kicked it off and allowed the
interrupt handler to conduct the transfer. When complete the interrupt handler
signaled a condition variable. The exec function that initiated the transfer
performed a timed wait on the same condition variable.

Hope this helps.

Frank