Re: pchb@acpi

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 08:59:57PM +0200, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> I think it is OK to attach the PCI buses which are defined by ACPI
> at acpi. The attachment frontend can install hooks to get interrupt
> routing right. This would also help wakeup support for eg USB
> and ethernet devices.

Indeed. We need this for all PCI buses and devices. That is why hacks like
device_is_a() etc. won't do. And as you noted, there is awful lot of ugly
duplication because ACPI is already heavily required for x86 interrupt
routing. That said, I don't think this kind of attachment is required for
the IRQ setup per se (at least not in my branch).

- Jukka.