Re: rsync very slow with current kernel (select issue?)

>> So select blocks (maybe because there's effectively nothing to read
>> at this time), but instead of waking up when there's data ready it
>> wakes up when the timeout expires.
> This seems rather similar to something I was looking at back in
> January.  [...]

I had a similar symptom once, which turned out to be fixed by having
both ends of the TCP connection set TCP_NODELAY.  (Just one end might
have been enough, but, since I was in there anyway, I did both.)  This
case doesn't sound quite similar enough for that to be it here, but I
could have missed something.

\ / Ribbon Campaign