Re: Sun keyboard on i386?

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 02:51:02 -0400 (EDT)
Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> Today, I put together the interface electronics to put one of my good
> (Sun type 3) keyboards on one of the serial ports.  It works, in that a
> program that talks to the serial port can speak the keyboard's protocol
> and get keystrokes and suchlike.
Isn't there a way a userland programm can inject events into wskbd(4) /
wsmux(4)?
[...]
Yes, wsmux(4) says:
     It is also possible to inject events into a multiplexor from a
     user program.

Completely other solution, you may have a look at this:
http://www.kbdbabel.org/
There is a converter that converts the Sun 4/5/6 (and thus Sun 3)
keyboard protocol into PS/2. I use one the other way around to connect
a good, old SGI labeled ALPS PS/2 keyboard to my Ultra 60...

Strange that you call a Sun type 3 keyboard "good". They are one of the
most hideously keyboards I've come across. Close to a DEC LK201.
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}