Re: switching to <sys/bus.h>: the non-trivial patches

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 08:22:25PM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:

> On Jul 8, 2011, at 12:21 PM, David Young wrote:
>
> > For review, here are the remainder of the patches that switch
> > the architectures with PCI support from <machine/bus.h> to a
> > common <sys/bus.h> that includes MD <machine/bus_defs.h> and
> > <machine/bus_funcs.h>.
> >
> > Please review, test, comment.  Thanks.
> >
> > The bulk of this patch moves tons of inline bus_space(9) routines to
> > appropriate .c files where they are not any longer inline.  The changes
> > to PowerPC involving BUS_DMA_DONTCACHE need to be reviewed.
> >
> > I have not included in the patch the changes to umpteen
> > <machine/types.h>'s that #define __HAVE_NEW_STYLE_BUS_H, or the deletion
> > of umpteen <machine/bus.h>'s.
>
> We aren't installing <sys/buf.h> anymore so why are installing
> bus_defs.h?

I painstakingly got each PCI release to build, and that's what it took
for alpha. *shrug*

I can just let alpha break until somebody figures out why it wanted
<machine/bus.h> in userland to begin with.

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 344-0444 x24