Re: extended attributes

Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:

> I don't really understand.  Modifying the attribute backing stores is
> subject to the same constraints as any other metadata write -- isn't it?

The point is that you rarely modify the files needed for booting to
single user mode, and therefore they are not likely to have any problem.
On the other hand, adding an attributes grows the attribute backing
store, so I immagine it is much more sensible to corruption.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz