Re: kernel v. userland #includes for standard types

On Oct 25,  4:49pm, David Holland wrote:
} On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 02:27:59PM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
}  > }  > Is there a good reason that we are not using <stdbool.h> and
<stdint.h>
}  > }  > in the kernel, instead of <sys/stdint.h> and <sys/types.h>?  It seems
}  > }  > to me that we could cut simplify by using the same headers for the
same
}  > }  > definitions everywhere.
}  > }
}  > } We should, but the source tree organization doesn't really allow it.
}  > } (I assume you agree that creating any src/sys/*.h files would be a
}  > } mistake.)
}  > }
}  > } In the long run we should add src/sys/include, but in general I think
}  > } major structural cleanup like this should wait until we manage to do a
}  > } version control migration.
}  >
}  >      The files in src/sys/sys get installed into /usr/include/sys .
}
} Yes, I'm aware of that. Your point being?

     Then what purpose would src/sys/include serve?

}-- End of excerpt from David Holland