Re: sys/dev/isa/fd.c FDUNIT/FDTYPE

On Sep 25,  6:51am, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

     You seem to have defective e-mail software, it doesn't properly
quote.

} > I have a realy strange collection of
} > old machines, but pretty sure none of it has more than one floppy drive,
} > actually most of them have only broken drives).
}
} BTW all X680x0 machines have two 5.25" floppy drives,
} though it uses sys/arch/x68k/dev/fd.c and it already suppurts

     I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, given that you're
now talking about a different driver.

} 1024bytes/sector format by default.

     It has a modified fd_types array.

} It was based on isa/fd.c and also uses:
} >> #define FDUNIT(dev)        (minor(dev) / 8)
} >> #define FDTYPE(dev)        (minor(dev) % 8)

     Still don't know what this has to do with anything, other then
demonstrating that it treats minor numbers the same way that
sys/dev/isa/fd.c does.

}-- End of excerpt from Izumi Tsutsui