Re: RAIDframe component replacement

Hi,

> Yes, of course. But I haven't hardwired SCSI IDs to sd instances. So I didn't
> know whether the new SCSI Target 0 would become sd0.

It will attach with the same unit number as the one that was detached.  The
autoconf code removes the entry when the disk is detached and the new disk
attaches with the first free entry.  So, if you have wired down the entries
or not, an identical replacement will have the same number.  If you detach
more than one, make sure that you reattach them in reverse order of detach.

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/