Re: diff: add show proc command to ddb

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 03:45:25PM +0000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, Vladimir Kirillov wrote:
>
> > Hello, tech-kern@!
> >
> > I really wanted a show proc command to avoid looking up process
> > information by running ps with all flags and intensive scrolling.
> >
> > The show proc output mostly combines the outputs of all switches
> > in ps.
>
> Neat!
>
> Since you're doing a lot of DDB rototilling, could you add an option to
> your 'show proc' command that also dumps each lwp's stacktrace?  I find
> that extremly useful for diagnosing deadlocks.  (The version I hacked up
> is not very clean.)

Good idea.  I think it could be an involved project but one of the things
I'd love to see eventually is a ddb command that prints a diagram of "who is
waiting on who" so you don't have to piece it all together by yourself.

With "crash" you could do some of this by piping things in and out of it and
playing with awk etc, but it could do with some work and is obviously no use
if you're sitting there looking at a ddb> prompt!