Re: sysmon_pswitch_event(): provide a sleep routine when powerd(8) is not running

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 01:33:45PM +0100, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
> 1 - modify sysmon_pswitch_event prototype so it can return an error
> (therefore leaving the possibility for the caller to fix the event by
> itself), OR
> 2 - add a MD system_suspend() routine, define it to NULL by default,
> and which can be overriden by MD should there be a need to call the
> suspend code without going through powerd(8) via sysmon_pswitch_event(),
> OR
> 3 - alternatively, add a RB_SLEEP flags to cpu_reboot(), which will
> basically do the same as the above, except that we could reuse part of
> the cpu_reboot function.

I would go for (3), perhaps with a "-s" flag to halt(8). This would also solve
the user interface issue that remains unresolved in options (1) and (2).
Extending halt(8) has been discussed also previously (cf. e.g. [1]).

- Jukka.

[1] http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/projects.html#shutdowntime