BIOS/ACPI interrupt conflict

I just upgraded NetBSD to 5.1 and had to add the same patch
I have been adding for over 3 years. I first sent a message on this
in 2007:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2007/04/27/0004.html

I still think that NetBSD disabling a valid interrupt is wrong.
I did receive email from one person for whom the patch helped,
and suspect it would help others.
Probably a little better patch would be to add a warning.
Bios is correct, and ACPI wrong, I have seen this on other
machines. And as I said in the 2007 email, even if ACPI had
been the correct one, it still was not going to setup the
interrupt.

--
Cliff Wright <cliff%snipe444.org@localhost>