Re: remove sparse check in vnd

>> Of course, still better would be to fix vnd, though I'm not sure
>> what the right fix would be.
> What's the problem?

The problem I am familiar with with vnd and sparse files - which
admittedly may not be the same as the one others have been talking
about - is that using a sparse file to back a vnd produces errors when
attempting to access the vnd blocks corresponding to holes in the
backing file.

I don't totally understand the problem, just the symptom.  I had a look
once and remember something about VOP_BMAP, but even that memory is
pretty fuzzy.

This is why NFS-remote sparse files don't provoke it: their sparseness
is completely hidden behind the NFS protocol.

\ / Ribbon Campaign