Re: Bi-arch 64-bit/32-bit bug in *chflags(2) on NetBSD / standardizing *chflags(2)?

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 03:03:35AM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:

> > i'm not sure i see much point of fflags_t at this point -- it would
> > have to be typedef of "unsigned long" and would thus need _LP64
> > #ifdef or platform specific #define's, which seems uglier than leaving
> > it as unsigned long, though i'm not 100% wedded to this idea.
> >
> > what do others think?
>
> Hi Matthew,
>     Something someone reminded me of on the freebsd-fs list: what
> about mixed archs or non-BE archs like ARM or MIPS :)?
> Thanks,
> -Garrett

All our 64 bit archs pass the first two [1] arguments in registers.
So there is no ABI difference on them if the u_long is replaced
with a 32bit type.

[1] actually is is at least 3, otherwise ioctl() couldn't work.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost