Re: modules_enabled in kernel ELF note section

> The most interesting part of module preload facility is to allow
> miniroot.kmod.  This eliminates the necessity to build a separate
> INSTALL kernel which holds mdimage inside.

That's what i386 did and miniroot.kmod was loaded via boot.cfg(5)
like distrib/i386/cdroms/installcd/boot.cfg.in in netbsd-5.
(-current doesn't use miniroot.kmod and use cd9660 root fs)

Modules loaded by the bootloader are handled in module_init_md()
as x86/x86_machdep.c inside #ifdef MODULAR so if the kernel
doesn't have MODULAR I think loaded modules are simply ignored.
--
Izumi Tsutsui