Re: mutexes, locks and so on...

On 2010-11-20 03:59, Simon Burge wrote:
Johnny Billquist wrote:

What I don't get is why it take so much time to even respond to
pings, compared to Ultrix or VMS. What are we doing in the kernel??? As
usual, I'm open to suggestions...

Have you tried a profiling kernel?  I know that can introduce its own overheads,
but might point out some hot spots...

No, I haven't. But it's a good idea. Last time I tried that was many, many moons ago, and back then I never got it to work.
Do we have some quick intro on how to do it?

        Johnny