Re: mutexes, locks and so on...

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 01:45:40AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
 > > Wow. I guess you can add me to the list of people leaving.
 >
 > There is no perfect world and we don't have enough resources.
 >
 > Any help to keep support for ancient machines are appreciate, but
 > complaints like "we should support it" which prevents improvements
 > of mainstream will just make NetBSD rotten.

What "prevents improvements of mainstream" are we talking about here?
We have someone who wants to provide tuned vax-specific locking
primitives. The absolute worst possible cost to the "mainstream" that
this incurs is a bit of extra cpp and config hackery.

(Can we all please get a grip?)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost