Re: mutexes, locks and so on...

On 11/12/10 16:23, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
Ooo. Really friendly here. Yes, excellent idea. Drive people away. That
will surely help. Please remind me again, why would people in general
want to run NetBSD instead of Linux or FreeBSD?

It's good thing to keep support for old machines with MI API.
It's bad thing to complain about MI API to keep support for old machines.

If the API isn't really MI anymore, is it still not ok to complain about?

Ha! Have you tried using it, or are you satisfied it passes
cross-compilation?

Works on TME. Anyone can confirm it.

Maybe I should rephrase my question then. I'm using NetBSD on an VAX 8650. Now, this is a really fast machine compared to a SUN2, and it has 60 Megs of memory. I would not want to try to run -current on a SUN2. It might work in theory, but I doubt I could ever get anything done.

In fact, I bet /etc/daily will take more than 24 hours to complete, in the default config.

        Johnny