Re: pmap_extract(9) (was Re: xmd(4) (Re: XIP))

> > No, once again this is MD.  For instance sparc64 uses compare and swap
> > instructions to manipulate page tables for lockless synchronization.
>
> I don't like "it's MD, period" attitude.  That solves nothing.

What do you want to solve, as yamt asked you first?

He said pmap_extract() could be used to get PA from VA.
You just answered pmap_extract() was bad API.
What you were trying to solve?

If existing API can solve it without bad side effect,
I don't think it's so bad for your purpose and
its design should be another discussion.

---
Izumi Tsutsui