Re: kernel module loading vs securelevel

> autoload/autounload does NOT perform any authorization checks - please
> look at the code!  No checking of securelevel occurs, as far as I can
> see.  For autoload, the module name must not contain a '/', so if the
> module is being loaded from the file system it must be loaded from the
> "blessed" /stand/${ARCH}/${VERSION}/modules directory.  Including the
> INSECURE option will have no effect on autoloading of modules.

Hmm.

I built MODULAR kernels on news68k and sun3 (which didn't have INSECURE)
but I couldn't use TMPFS or execute a.out binaries on multiuser
though they worked after shutdown(8) or on single user.

The code doesn't work as intended and just we should fix it?
---
Izumi Tsutsui