Re: MP locking?

> Having just recently spent quite a bit of time porting a kernel
> module from NetBSD-3 to NetBSD-5, and working out a bunch of
> synchronization issues, I suggest skipping over NetBSD-4 and going
> straight for 5.

Noted, though I doubt a major version jump is in the cards for that
machine in the foreseeable future.

And, really, because it still needs to run in the original pre-MP
kernel with minimal changes, what I'm going to be doing is pulling all
the locking out so those differences can be hidden from everything but
a relatively small and well-defined piece of the code, making further
ports to the locking scheme du jour relatively simple.

\ / Ribbon Campaign