Re: xxxVERBOSE module?

On Thu, 20 May 2010, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 08:13:15AM +0200, Marc Balmer wrote:
To my understanding most of the VERBOSE options are compile-time
switches which are used to conditionally compile debug code using
#ifdefs.  I am not sure how such a module should work then, changing
#ifdef'ed code into code that is always compiled, but only used under
certain circumstances?

No, this was about PCIVERBOSE, USBVERBOSE and SCSIVERBOSE, which
adds in the kernel table of strings for vendor/device names,
extended error codes, etc ...

Correct - that was my intention.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |