Re: Red-black tree optimisation (errata)

Hello,

Because at one point I studied red-black trees (not as in dendrology, but as data structures), I looked into the implementation that is being used in NetBSD. I have made some drastic optimisations on sys/sys/tree.h and would like to have the changes imported into NetBSD repository.

I would like someone to take a look at the patch, which is attached to this message, and verify the code. I have also attached a short PDF document, in which I comment on changes made to the implementation of the red-black tree algorithm.

If it's okay, I can commit the changes myself.

I think we all will benefit from faster and smaller code. :)

Kind regards,
Adam

Oops...
I sent the wrong files. The attached are the correct ones.

Cheers,
Adam