Re: Missing ACPI PCI devices in acpi_pcidev_scan

qOn Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 05:46:59PM +0100, Grégoire Sutre wrote:
> This was about storing the parent-child relationships in acpi_devnode.
> The AcpiWalkNamespace function in -current does not have the new
> interface with both pre-order and post-order callbacks.  According to
> ACPICA's changelog [1], this was added in november 2009.  I tried using
> a stack (SLIST) to do it with the old interface, but the code was
> becoming ugly, whereas it would be trivial with the new interface, so I
> guess it's not worth it.

ACPICA was updated recently. It now contains the new AcpiWalkNamespace()
interface.

After thinking about this, maintaining the parent-child relationship is
definitely the way to proceed. This information is also needed for other
things. I would personally take one step forward by eliminating the local
data structures in "acpi_pci.c" (or the file altogether), and move them to
"struct acpi_devnode" instead.

- Jukka.