multiprocessor routing problem

dear all,

we have 8x multiprocessors machine with twelve lan cards.
we are use this only for routing. Kernel is GENERIC 5.0.1
with option GATEWAY enable. Problem is, if trafic going
over lan cards about 400 - 600 Mbps, that only one processor
"working". We see in "top". But if we start any processes
on machine, all processors wake up. Any idea how to wake up
all processors if trafic going over more than one lan card?

thanks for any answer

jan vlk