Re: (Semi-random) thoughts on device tree structure and devfs

der Mouse wrote:
Linux had a devfs and [dropped] it.  Now it has udevd(8).  Most
likely the penguins had a reason for this.

Surely there are mailing list messages or something that outline that
reason?  (Not that I have any idea where they'd be, but don't we have
at least a few people with feet in both camps?)
This page has links to various bits about the move from devfs to udev.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug/udev.html

--Dan