Re: (Semi-random) thoughts on device tree structure and devfs

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 10:54:13AM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> > Linux had a devfs and [dropped] it.  Now it has udevd(8).  Most
> > likely the penguins had a reason for this.
>
> Surely there are mailing list messages or something that outline that
> reason?  (Not that I have any idea where they'd be, but don't we have
> at least a few people with feet in both camps?)

It is more like:

Linux had a devfs and [dropped] it. Now it has udevd(8). Most likely the
penguins had a reason for this. Linux had udevd(8) and reintroduced devfs.
Now it has udevd(8) and some kind of devfs. Most likely the penguins had a
reason for this.

- Jukka.

http://lwn.net/Articles/331818/