Re: (Semi-random) thoughts on device tree structure and devfs

On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 08:18:15PM +0000, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> > As an example: one thing that holds back the ACPI CPU code I am working on
> > is that I need to be sure that e.g. cpu3 that attaches to acpi0 is the same
> > cpu3 that has attached to mainbus0. So:
>
> Well, the answer to that is simple:  there should only be one device.
> Anything design that doesn't produce that result can go to thrown out
> the window without further delay.

In the above example it would be "acpicpu3 at acpi0" and "cpu3 at mainbus0".

But as you know quite well what is involved, I am merely pointing out that
the current situation holds back many possibilities. And noting that I don't
have the competency to do anything about it.

- Jukka.