Re: enabling uthum(4) in GENERIC

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 11:08:46PM +0100, Antoine Reilles wrote:
 > Now that we have an uthum(4) driver, for TEMPer and TEMPerHUM usb
 > thermometers (and hygrometer in the case of TEMPerHUM), I was wondering
 > if it is a good idea to enable it in GENERIC kernel configuration, and
 > if so, in which architectures.
 > So far, it has only be tested on i386 to my knowledge.
 >
 > Do you have any recommendations ?

The general principle is that GENERIC should contain all drivers that
are supposed to work, and should list, commented-out, drivers that
might work or might be useful if they did work. So, I guess it should
be added commented out to every GENERIC that includes the assorted usb
devices, and uncommented where it's been tested...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost