Re: pgo_get()? what's that? (was Re: Device page)

> What's pgo_get()?  Since you seem to be immersed in UVM, you may be in a
> good position to write the manual pages that it so badly lacks.  Even if
> you just jot some notes on each function, I can write the manual pages.

UVM abstracts things that is mapped & put onto the main memory as "uvm_object".
Most typically vnode.  UVM doesn't know how those instances corresponds to
their backends.  When UVM wants to load those objects put onto memory, UVM
asks its super class to get objects from backends.  That's the pgo_get()
operation.

I'm not sure it should be documented in 9 section manual.  Its interface is
internal to VM, and somewhat ambiguous.  I'm thinking to collect pgo_* call
sites into one place (probably uvm_object.c) and slowly rethink / improve
the API...

Masao

--
Masao Uebayashi / Tombi Inc. / Tel: +81-90-9141-4635