Re: new shutdown order, part 2

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 04:34:01PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> I'm making good progress on tearing down stacks of disks and filesystems
> at shutdown, however, there are a couple of outstanding problems where I
> need some help.
>
> Today I am running these patches,
> <ftp://cuw.ojctech.com/users/netbsd-780cd11e/new-shutdown-order.patch1>.
>
> ccd(4) and cgd(4) need a major overhaul before they will attach to and
> detach from the device tree. dk(4) and raid(4) require less involved
> changes.  I've started the raid(4) changes; if you would like to tackle
> dk(4), ccd(4), or cgd(4), let me know.

Update: cgd, dk, dm, md, raid, and vnd gracefully detach from the device
tree during shutdown.  I believe that ccd is the only virtual disk that
does not detach.

I have only converted i386 and sparc64 to the new shutdown order.  I
will see about extracting the common code into an MI pre-reboot routine
for the MD cpu_reboot(9) to call.

Dave