Re: blocksizes

tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost (Izumi Tsutsui) writes:

>To translate file system block size (i.e. unit of fragment size)
>into raw I/O size, we can ignore fsbtodb.

I have now committed changes to msdofs, ext2fs and ffs to support
disks with non-512-byte sectors.

Part of that change is a common function to query disk and sector
sizes that replaces individual ioctl queries. Unlike the latter
this will fail if the ioctls fail. The old code just assumed that
DEV_BSIZE was correct.

This works fine with disklabeled partitions and GPT partitions (wedges).
I haven't tested against stacked devices (cgd, vnd, ...) but I don't
expect any problems.

Can you please test with your 2K MO?

N.B. newfs doesn't yet know how to deduce sector sizes, you need
to use the -S option.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost