Re: ddb write and io memory

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 08:45:48PM +0100, Frank Wille wrote:
 > Therefore I would like to change ddb/db_write_cmd.c as in the following
 > patch:
 > [...]
 >
 > Any objections? Do we absolutely need to print the old value here?

I think it's somewhat desirable to. Wouldn't it be better anyway to
create a second command ("iowrite" or "regwrite" or something) that
both does this and also does anything else that might be necessary to
write to I/O registers safely, like flushing caches?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost