Re: ffs extended attributes status

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:48:52 +0100
Peter Kelm <peter_kelm%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> what is the status of extended attributes in NetBSD ffs. From what I
> read ffsv2/UFS2 should support them but it seems like I cannot get
> them to work.
> I tried to use the python version of xattr (0.4) but all I get is
> "IOError: [Errno 45] Operation not supported: './thetestfile". Are
> there any specific kernel or filesystem options to enable them?

I personally only remember reading about FFS1 ones, i.e. the following
manual pages:

extattr(9), rmextattr(8), extattrctl(8), extattr_get_file(2), extattr(3)

However I've never tried them, I think that space also has to be
reserved/crated to store them (possibly see the initattr command of
extattrctl)...
--
Matt