Re: new acpi utility functions

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 08:10:10AM +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
> The purpose is to link ACPI and PCI drivers together in a general way
> not just for power management.

Yes, I was aware of that. Perhaps what I was really saying is that nice
work, this is much needed.

117  +       /*
118  +        * ACPI spec: "The _BBN object is located under a
119  +        * PCI host bridge and must be unique for every
120  +        * host bridge within a segment since it is the PCI bus number."
121  +        */
122  +       rv = acpi_eval_integer(ad->ad_handle, "_BBN", &bus);
123  +       if (ACPI_FAILURE(rv))
124  +               return false;

Not that important, but I wonder if it is possible to alternatively obtain
the bus number via the resources returned in _CRS? If so, it could be tried
before bailing out.

- Jukka.