[PR] Does kernel modules work on AMD64 under NetBSD 5.0.1 ?

Hi,

Can anyone confirm how well kernel modules are tested under AMD64?

I see at least one severe problem, and that is it appears that the code
segment or data segment of the loaded module is freed after modload returns,
or something similar :-) The symptom I see:

modload -o i4b.t /usr/lkm/i4b.o

Module works fine.

scp some 100MBytes of files to the box and the system crashes randomly.

When my I4B is built into the kernel no problem appears.

--HPS