Re: wedges and gpt.

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Herb Peyerl wrote:
(3) Do we really need a GPT partition table, then wedges, then an
MBR partition table, and then subsequently a BSD disk label?  This
onion has a lot of layers.

The idea is that you have only the GPT table. The wedges are just the
representation of the inidividual entries. There is no need for a disk
label.

I couldn't newfs anything until I edited the BSD disk label; though that could have been a result of confusion on my part...

I found rebooting allowed me to newfs. Until I did that, it whinged about
the partition type.

--
Stephen