Re: Exponential failure

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 03:39:54PM +0100, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:
> > After that, I had to copy the modules in the appropriate
> > /stand/modules directory and NetBSD did load ffs during boot.
> > But it was unable to exec init, due to a missing exec* module?
> > I've been told to copy boot file to /, but for that I needed to build
> > distribution...!
>
> It is a known problem. "We are working on it." :)

We have a suitable work-arround now:
The "MONOLITHIC" kernel configuration is now built by default for
NetBSD/i386 and included in release snapshots (in the file
"i386/binary/kernel/netbsd-MONOLITHIC.gz"). This kernel should
provide an easy way to test NetBSD-current kernels on an existing
NetBSD 5.0 installation.

        Kind regards