Re: Introducing non-RAM managed page ("device page")

On Sep 15, 2009, at 9:04 AM, Eduardo Horvath wrote:

We've handled mmap()ing device memory forever without getting VM involved.
Not to imply that the current device mmap() interface could not be
improved. What features of the VM subsystem do you think is needed to map
device pages into processes?

That's done with a special pager, the device pager. We need to allow the vnode pager to talk to device memory for XIP.

-- thorpej