Re: factoring out the change_root() and making exporting change_{root,dir}() as interface

Christoph Badura wrote:

I don't think my change exposes the internals.  In fact, it makes it
possible to to add another caller without that caller knowing the
internals!

It makes it possible to add another caller that does not necessarily
authorize the operation before performing it... we should consider
ditching the FCHROOT request and see about moving the CHROOT
authorization to a common location.

Otherwise, I'd like to see what use you are going to make of the
function before you export it, along with documentation changes that
make it clear that authorization is up the caller.

Thanks,

-e.