Re: NiLFS(2) import

> Any decision to remove LFS should be taken on the merits of LFS [...]
> rather than based on the appearance of another unrelated FS that
> merely has a similar design.

Yes and no.

The merits of LFS to NetBSD depend, in part, on what other facilities
are available for providing the functionality LFS brings.  If nilfs
brings the same benefits as lfs (I don't know whether this is actually
so), lfs becomes less valuable to us with nilfs's appearance,
especially if nilfs also avoids some/all of lfs's downsides.

Of course, the converse is equally true; I'm not arguing either way,
just pointing out that "the merits of LFS" are at least partially
context-dependent.

\ / Ribbon Campaign