Re: options MODULAR improvements phase 0.5

On Oct 15,  3:18pm, David Holland wrote:
} On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 05:33:46PM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
}  >      Of course, as soon as I posted this, I realised that there was an
}  > oversight.  The second lookup wasn't being passed NOCHROOT.  I've
}  > modified kobj_load_file() to take a flags argument, and modified
}  > module_do_load() to pass the correct flags.
}
} Urgh. I hate the thought of passing namei flags around. Can we make it
} a boolean "nochroot" argument to kobj_load_file, which then assembles
} the necessary namei flags?

     I had thought about doing something like that, but I decided to
pass the flags because of the flexibility that it offers.

}-- End of excerpt from David Holland