mos(4) port

Hello,

I'm trying to port mos(4), USB to Ethernet adapter, driver from OpenBSD to NetBSD. I have following issues:

1) Sometimes the whole machine freezes completely when I do "ifconfig mos0 up". I compile kernel with LOCKDEBUG and DIAGNOSTIC, but there's no message on console... I've found out that when I put/enable some DPRINTFN() outputs, the lock up does not occur. I verified all spl{net,usb,...}() calls have their splx(s) counterparts... This occurs on i386 (single core) as well as amd64 (dual core). Do you have any tips what might be the cause of these freezes?

2) If I overcome trouble mentioned in point (1) above (with couple of DPRINTFNs), I have issues with IPv4. After setting an ip address with "ifconfig mos0 <ip-address>" (where <ip-address> is any valid IPv4 address), I'm getting this as a response to "ping <ip-address>" command (on i386): arplookup1: unable to enter address for <ip-address>@40 on null (could not allocate llinfo)
arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo on mos0 for <ip-address>

I think the arplookup1 line above is replaced with following line on amd64 platform: arplookup: unable to enter address for <ip-address>@ff on null (could not allocate llinfo)

I've seen that "route show" displays <ip-address> instead of "link#<N>" in 'Gateway' field. Maybe it's related.

Do you know what might be wrong regarding point (2)?

The IPv6 seems to work fine, ping works, small ssh session over mos0 device, also ~ 13MB file transfer worked fine. No stress/extended tests were done, however.

Any help in any form is welcome.

-- Juraj