Re: Socket credentials (take 2)

matthew sporleder wrote:
On 4/24/09, Elad Efrat <elad%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
Hi,

  - Since the credentials on the socket should not change (I think!)
    maybe we should introduce some way to mark them as a "snapshot",
        "immutable", or "static"?

I can actually think of a lot of useful situations where I would like
to change the owner and permissions of a socket, but I don't know of
any programs that support it.

Could you hook this into the kauth_network or kauth_process scope?

Hook what? the ability to change a socket's credentials? if yes, I think
that functionality belongs somewhere outside the "scopes" (for example,
a program like tcpdrop, only that it changes socket credentials) --
otherwise, you'll have to elaborate on what you want to do.

Thanks,

-e.