Re: Removal of some KAUTH_GENERIC_ISSUSER (pass 1)

David Young wrote:
On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 02:12:41PM +0300, Elad Efrat wrote:
Sorry, forgot about gmail's little issue:

http://www.netbsd.org/~elad/diff/pass1.diff

Hmm. cmos(4) access should always have been controlled by the device
node permissions, I think?

Then why did you put a kauth(9) call there in the first place? ;)

We need the kauth action anyway. Whether or not we put it there now is
irrelevant, as we have no alternative for access control to that device
as long as the file permissions aren't evaluated in a listener as well.

If you're not interested in the kauth(9) check there at all, I'd still
like to leave it there commented out for my own uses in the future, but
you need to okay the check removal...

Thanks,

-e.